In order to obtain a document from Ukrainian archives through the Consular Office of the Embassy of Ukraine an applicant should submit to the Consular Office the following:
1. Three copies of the questionnaire for each document requested (if requesting Police Clearance only 1 copy of questionnnaire is necessary). The questionnaire must be fully completed in Ukrainian language. For the applicant's convenience, English translation of the questionnaire is provided.
2. Copies of ID (Passport) and other applicable documents.
3. Consular fee receipt for 68 AUD (for police clearance - 41 AUD) made by bank deposit to the bank account of the Embassy at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia BSB 062 900 No. 10415582 . Cash, personal and/or company cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
4. If applying by mail and expecting a return service, please enclose a self-addressed prepaid return envelope Express Post Platinum or Registered Post. If providing a courier envelope please make sure that it is prepaid and has an airway bill (consingment note) with the account number.
Please be advised that the Consular Office does not accept any other kind of mail and does not bear responsibility for postal service.
Note: Failure to comply with these instructions may result in the return of your request unprocessed.
The procedure to be followed when requesting documents from Ukraine's regional Departments of Civil Status Registration:
1. Copies of the certificates may be released only to the persons involved, who have requested them in the past. Copies of children's (under 18 years of age) birth certificates may be released to parents or adoptive parents only. Persons who become of age may obtain copies of their certificates presenting their Ukrainian passports. Persons deprived of parental rights cannot obtain their children's birth certificates.
2. Copies of death certificates may be issued only to the next of kin. An appropriate document proving lineage is required.
3. Copies of dissolved marriage certificates can be issued to the ex spouses only.
4. Copies of certificates proving the registration of the civil state acts can be issued only to the persons mentioned in the civil record. Besides, certificates verifying the registration of birth, marriage, divorce, changes of last name, given name, patronymic name can be released to the next of kin, adoptive parents or custodians only.
When applying for a copy of any certificate an applicant should furnish the following information: last name, given name, middle name and address of an applicant; last name, given name and middle name of a person, in whose name a certificate is requested; name of certificate requested; when and where the civil state act has been registered; reason for request.
When requesting birth certificates full and patronymic names of the parents should be indicated. If the marriage or divorce certificate is requested, an applicant should indicate the name of the spouse.